Century Group's Maintenance Team has been instrumental in completing a complete reroof of a dual purpose property at Seaborne Road, Southborne, Bournemouth. The works were completed in Autumn 2018 in response to a aged roof failing and causing considerable water ingress. The solution provides a watertight brand new roof to protect the ground floor hairdressers and first floor residential flats from water ingress as well as providing a breathable, reliable roof for years to come.
- Council Application for a Scaffold Street Permit
- Negotiation with party to left hand elevation for scaffold access
- Completion of CDM regulation & Health & Safety RAMS paperworks
- Erection of scaffold to all elevations
- Strip off failed Welsh slate roof and remove for recycling/disposal.
- Strip off old timbers
- Check integrity of roof structure and discuss at site meeting with client
- Install new vapor permeable breathable underlay membrane
- Install new timbers
- Cut in and install new Eternit slates
- Cut in valleys and troughs
- Install and bed down new ridges
- Repoint top four courses to rear elevation
- Install new Fascia, Soffit and Guttering systems in white
- Install new concrete weatherboarding to rear elevation to match side elevation.
- Clear site throughout works.
The property owners are thought to be thrilled with the high standard of works completed, the cost effective solution coupled with ease of project management and smooth flow of project works.
If you have a reroof project and would like a quote, please do contact Century Group for a competitive quote.